WestFax, Inc. values you the customer and is dedicated to establishing a professional business relationship with its customers. This privacy statement applies to all web site properties and Services owned and maintained by WestFax, Inc. Because WestFax wants to make public the commitment to our customers’ privacy, we are making the following information available:
A. Collection of Personal Identity and Information
WestFax collects information from its users during account set-up and at several points on our web sites.
- Account Set-up FormWe request information from the user on our Account Set-up Form. During the account set-up process a customer is required to give personally identifiable information (such as company, contact name, telephone number, email address and fax number). We use your contact information to communicate with you in connection with your use of our Services, to reply to your questions, or to send requested information. We may also notify you of updates to our Services.
- OrdersA user must provide contact information and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information to complete your orders and for billing purposes. If we have trouble processing an order, the information can be used to contact you.
- Children’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems. Anyone under 18 years old should seek his or her parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any information on the site. The FTC’s web site has more tips on protecting a child’s privacy online.
B. Information Utilization
WestFax provides a medium for the distribution and receipt of its user’s fax, voice and email communications. Therefore, we will not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a user’s private communications unless WestFax in good faith believes that such action is necessary to: abide by law or comply with legal process served on WestFax; defend and protect the property or rights of WestFax; or act under circumstances to protect the personal safety of its users or the public. Users should also be aware (and therefore agree) that certain technical processing of and access to fax, voice and email messages and their content may be required for: message routing; conforming to connecting networks’ technical requirements; avoiding disruptions to WestFax’s services; or conforming to similar requirements.
WestFax will not divulge to third parties the phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or any other information uploaded to our web site by our users for the purpose of using WestFax services or products unless WestFax in good faith believes that such action is necessary to: abide by law or comply with legal process served on WestFax.
C. Customer Service
- CommunicationWe communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and to address issues relating to their accounts. We reply by email or phone.
- Referral ServicesWestFax offers referral services, asking a user to inform a friend about our service. We collect the name and email address of the friend, and offer the invitation to the friend. WestFax stores this information for the sole purpose of contacting the friend and tracking the success of this referral program.
D. Use, Collection and Distribution of Information
- Legal DisclaimerWe make every effort to preserve user privacy. We may need to disclose personal information when required by law or when we have a reasonable belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us. For example, WestFax may disclose personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or third parties in response to criminal or civil subpoenas. Sometimes, these requests come from our third party internet, telecommunications and service providers all over the world who supply the network required for us to deliver our services. In order to maintain the integrity of our network, we often cooperate with requests from these third party providers and/or requests from law enforcement or other governmental officials directed to these providers.
- Third PartiesWe use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- Business TransitionsIn the event WestFax goes through a business transition, such as an acquisition by another company, a merger, or selling a portion of its assets, in most instances, users’ personal information will be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. As a result, if in the business transition the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given a choice not to have their information used in this different manner.
- Spam and Junk FaxesWestFax does not share your email address or fax number. While we cannot be responsible for external communications received through WestFax Services, if we are given notice that a WestFax Service is being used for spam or junk faxes, then we will deactivate that client. You may report a junk fax by calling WestFax Customer Care at 800-473-6208.
E. Protection, Misuse, Alteration or Loss of Information
WestFax takes precaution to protect its user’s information. Their information is protected both online and offline when users submit information via WestFax’ web site. Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is utilized to enhance the security of the users information on WestFax’s web site. The user can tell that the page is secure by looking for the web address to begin with https (instead of http) and a padlock on the status bar.
- Secure Sockets LayerWhen our web site asks users to enter personal identity and other information (such as credit card number), that information is 128-bit encrypted and is protected with encryption software customarily used in the industry – Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL applies encryption between two communicating applications, such as a user’s computer and the WestFax corporate internet server. When the data is transmitted over the internet, it is encrypted or “scrambled” at the sending end and then decrypted or “unscrambled” at the receiving end.
- Message Content HandlingWe will store your personal transmissions on our servers for a limited time and will endeavor to purge old transmissions from our servers when the expiration period has run out (approximately sixty (60) days). We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your transmissions (as well as your personally identifiable information), such as firewalls and SSL technology. These are the same technologies that most web sites use to safeguard credit card information and other personal information. However perfect security does not exist over telephone lines and the internet. Use of the internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You agree that WestFax is not responsible for the security of any communication or information transmitted over the telephone or internet by or for you. You assume all risks in transmitting information or communications to or from our web site, you must make your own determination as to these matters and WestFax is not responsible for making any recommendations to you at all.
- Retaining DataThe time period we keep your information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there may be legal requirements to keep data and information for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
F. Correction of Inaccurate Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires to use our Service, we provide ways to correct, update, or deactivate users’ personally identifiable information. Contact WestFax Customer Care at 800-473-6208.
G. Requests for Documents and Information
In order to protect the privacy interests of its customers and to comply with state and federal law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. Section 2701 et seq., ALL requests to Westfax for documents and information relating to its customers must be made in writing and include the express written consent of the customer or be made pursuant to a civil subpoena validly issued by a court having valid and proper jurisdiction over the matter and properly served upon Westfax.
A form of consent is accessible at:
Westfax reserves the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the requested documents and information relate to the litigation. Upon receipt of a valid subpoena, Westfax may notify the customer whose documents and information is sought and allow the customer a reasonable period of time to move to quash the subpoena.
The Electronic Communications Privacy Act prohibits Westfax from disclosing the content of electronic communications pursuant to a civil subpoena. To obtain such content you may wish to contact or serve the customer who has custody and control of such documents and information relating to the account.
Subject to the above, upon receipt of such a request, Westfax will conduct a search for documents and information accessible on its system that are responsive to the request. Westfax only keeps customers’ documents and information for a limited period of time. After the search is complete, Westfax will send the person requesting the documents and information the results of the search. Westfax reserves the right to send the results of the search to its customer who may then be compelled to produce them to person requesting the documents and information. To the extent any document located during the search process contains information restricted by law, exceeds the scope of the written request or is otherwise not subject to production, it will be redacted or removed.
Westfax will require a minimum $250.00 reimbursement for the reasonable costs incurred in processing written requests and responding to subpoenas for documents and information. Checks should be made payable to Westfax, Inc. Westfax reserves the right to object to any written requests or subpoenas that are vague, overly broad or involve an undue burden. By responding, Westfax is not waiving any objection it may have relating to this matter.
H. Privacy Practice Acceptancee
I. Contact Us
6565 South Dayton Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80111