GETTING STARTED - Google SSO
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate WestFax with Google Enterprise.
When you integrate WestFax with Google, you can:
- Control who has access to WestFax Fax numbers.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to WestFax with their Google Enterprise accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To get started, you need the following items:
- Google Enterprise Account with at least one user.
- WestFax Enterprise account with AD/SSO enabled.
Configuring WestFax for SSO
If you have enabled SSO/AD with WestFax you are just a few steps away from enabling single sign on with WestFax.
Here are the steps to get your SSO setup with WestFax:
After you are enabled you will want to login to the admin tool and go to the SSO tab and you should see a screen like this:
There are three values here you want to copy for use in the Google setup:
You will need these values later. Copy them somewhere for use.
Here are the steps:
- Login to Google Admin
With your admin account log into the Google Enterprise Admin cloud website.
- Go to Apps -> Web and mobile apps.
- Click Add App -> Add custom SAML app.
- Type "WESTFAX SSO" for the name of your app -> click Continue.
- Copy the following Values from Google:
SSO URL, Entity ID, Certificateand save them to your notepad. You will want to download the certificate to a .pem file in a secure location. Also, copy the value after
idpid=as the ClientId. We'll use that in Step 3.
- Copy values from WestFax into the Google Service Provider Details
Copy the values from the first step into the settings page for the Google Service Provider Details.
For the fields enter the following:
- ACS URL: https://home.westfax.com/login/Consume/YourProviderId
- Entity ID: https://home.westfax.com/login/metadata/YourProviderId
- Name ID format: EMAIL
- Name ID: Basic Information > Primary Email
- Click Continue -> Then Finish
Just skip the Attributes page and click Finish. You will now need to go back to the WestFax Admin panel and update some settings.
Here is the screen you will add your settings.
A - Login Endpoint- This comes from the previous step in Google (
B - Client Id (App Id)- This comes from the previous step in Google (
C - Certificate x.509- This is the certificate file you previous downloaded (*.pem file)
When you are done click Save Settings.
You are now setup for SSO!
You will want your team to login using the
Redirect Loginlink which is usually
If you have any questions please reach out to us directly at 303-299-9329 or contact your account manager.