GETTING STARTED - Okta SSO
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate WestFax with Okta's Single Sign on solution.
When you integrate WestFax with Okta, you can:
- Control who has access to the WestFax platform.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to WestFax with their Okta SSO accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To get started, you need the following items:
- Okta Organization Account with at least one user.
- WestFax Enterprise account with AD/SSO enabled.
Configuring WestFax for SSO
If you have enabled SSO/AD with WestFax you are just a few steps away from enabling single sign on with WestFax.
Here are the steps to get your SSO setup with WestFax:
After you are SSO enabled you will want to login to the admin tool and go to the SSO tab and you should see a screen like this:
There are three values here you want to copy for use in the Okta setup:
You will need these values later. Copy them somewhere for use.
Here are the steps:
- Login to Okta Admin Dashboard
With your admin account log into the Okta Admin portal cloud website.
- Go to Applications -> Applications
- Click "Create App Integration"
- Click SAML 2.0 and Click Next
- Set App Name and Logo
Enter WestFax for the name and here is a logo you can use if you like. Click Next
- Copy values from WestFax into the Okta SAML Settings Page
Copy the values from the first step into the settings page for the Okta SAML Settings.
For the fields enter the following:
- A - Single Sign On URL: https://home.westfax.com/login/Consume/YourProviderId
- B - Audience URI (SP Entity ID): https://home.westfax.com/login/metadata/YourProviderId
- C - Name Id Format / Application Username: Email Address / Email (You can use other fields as well. Contact WestFax for guidance if you need it.
Download your x.509 Certificate to a secure location for use in the next step.
- Click Next and finalize the setup
On this page just click "I am an Okta customer adding an internal app" and click Finish to complete
- Click "View Setup Instructions" in the yellow box
- Copy first two values to notepad
You need to copy the complete
Identity Provider Single Sign-On URLfor later use and for the
Identity Provider Issuerjust copy the unique code after the http://www.okta.com/
Here is the screen you will add your settings.
A - Login Endpoint- This comes from the previous step (
Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL).
B - Client Id (App Id)- This comes from the previous step (
Identity Provider Issuersnippet).
C - Certificate x.509- This is the certificate file you previous downloaded (*.cert file). Click upload, select your certificate that you downloaded previously.
When you are done click Save Settings.
You are now setup for SSO!
You will want your team to login using the
Redirect Loginlink which is usually
If you have any questions please reach out to us directly at 303-299-9329 or contact your account manager.