In this guide we will walk you through setting up your Lexmark MFP to send faxes without an extra app or complicated setup. You just hit the Fax button, type in the number and the scanned document will be sent. There are a few things you need to do before you can start setting up your HP to send faxes.
- MFP Setup pre-requisites
- WestFax account
- Set up an email address as an allowed sender.
MFP Setup pre-requisites
There are a few things you need to have setup on your MFP before you get started. You may be the administrator or you may need an administrator to perform these actions. This article will not address these issues as one can google this information or have your admin set this up.Pre-requisites:
- MFP must be connected to the internet
- MFP must have an Email server connected (usually used for Email Scanning)
- MFP must support Internet Fax
Need a HIPAA Fax account? Review our HIPAA Compliant Fax page
and explore our plans.
Setup up an email address as an allowed sender
An allowed sender
is an email address that is configured to send faxing via email. To add an allowed sender you need to have your account created (previous step) or have an existing account with WestFax.
In the https://home.westfax.com
portal you go to Settings -> Fax to Email Settings
and add the email address of your MFP or the email address that your MFP utilizes to send documents. MFP's can be configured to send from one account or can use the users account. If you aren't sure ask your administrator.
Now you add the email address here and indicate if you want to return receipt sent to the sender when the fax is complete.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us
for more information.
We will show you how to setup your Lexmark MFP to send outbound faxes via FAX setting and Email to Fax routing. You must have admin access and know the IP address of your MFP device
- Login into the Lexmark printer web page Open your favorite internet browser and type in the ip address of the printer.
- Go to Fax -> SettingsFrom the Fax Mode menu, select Fax Server, and then click Save.
- Click Fax Server Setup. In the To Format box, type [#]@westfax.com, where [#] is the fax number and westfax.com is the fax provider domain.
Note: If needed, configure the Reply Address, Subject, or Message fields. The reply address will need to match the Allowed Sender address. If you want to force a coverpage you can put /cp in the subject.
- Click Fax Server Email Settings Now you can do one of the following:
- Enable Use E‑mail SMTP Server.
This uses the existing SMTP server you have setup already for this device, or
- Configure the SMTP settings.
- Click Save
Reach out to us today at 800-473-6208 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.