Broadcast Fax FAQ
If you can’t find an answer to your question please contact us.
- Q: Is Fax Broadcasting the same as Broadcast Fax, Mass Fax, Bulk Fax or Blast Fax?
A: Yes. These are all synonyms for the same business service.
- Q: Can my document be customized with unique customer information such as name, address, city, state, and zip?
A: es, at no additional charge. Custom merged documents create a professional, personalized look that will increase your response rate. From simple “to” and “from” field in the header to complex merges for invoices and proposals, WestFax is able to work with your requirements—even merging data on landscape documents or multiple pages.
- Q: Is there a long term minimum usage contract?
A: No. WestFax wants our service to be convenient for you whenever you need it. That’s why we require no long-term commitment, set up fees, monthly usage minimums or service fees.
- Q: Can I get Customer Service help if I need it?
A: Yes. Our in-house account managers are experienced professionals with years of service to the company. There is virtually no request, merge or otherwise, they can’t handle. Our turnaround time for large custom merge orders is unmatched in the industry.
- Q: Can I submit my orders online?
A: Yes. With the WestFax Web Tool upload unlimited documents and lists, manage your Removal List, send yourself test pages, pay invoices online and send up to 20 “Quick Faxes”.
- Q: How can I handle Opt-Out or Removal requests?
A: Use our automated toll-free Removal Service available 24/7 for no extra charge accessible from the US and Canada, along with a unique phone number and custom recordings so that your removal requests are personalized and completely configurable. Removal requests will be immediately suppressed from all future fax attempts.
- Q: Do I need to buy any software or hardware?
A: No. You only need Internet access or email capability.
- Q: What are your acceptable document formats?
A: Word, PDF, Tiff, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Q: What are your acceptable list formats?
A: Delimited text files including CSV, and Tab Delimited. We also accept and DBF database formats.
- Q: How long will it take to complete my Broadcast Fax?
A: WestFax has the ability to send hundreds of thousands of faxes per hour. Any size order will be completed promptly.
- Q: How will I know my Broadcast Fax order has finished?
A: WestFax automatically delivers summary, detail, or exception reports via email. Reports are also available via www.WestFax.com.
- Q: What information is on a report?
A: Detail and Exception reports not only have the fax number and status fields, but they also have several customizable fields, where you can map other information such as name, company, phone, and customer ID. This is helpful when you want to troubleshoot failed fax numbers.
- Q: Does WestFax charge for failed fax attempts?
A: No. You are only charged for completed pages.
- Q: What are my payment options?
A: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. We invoice customers who pass a quick credit evaluation as well.
- Q: How do I sign up?
A: Contact a WestFax Sales Representative at 800-473-6208 or use our Getting Started form.
- Q: What are the legal issues surrounding fax broadcasting?
A: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and several states have regulations prohibiting companies from sending fax advertisements to recipients with whom they do not have an established business relationship. Please visit fcc.gov as well as any applicable state agency web sites for further information. It is your responsibility to understand all applicable laws.
- Q: Does WestFax provide lists or document creation and design services?
A: No. You are responsible for the content of your document and for the creation and maintenance of your lists.