WestFax – The right partner to handle your secure fax needs!
Our Technology – WestFax uses the best encryption and security appliance protections available.
- The highest level of TLS encryption available for data in transit either through our secure website or secure API interfaces.
- At rest AES 256 bit encryption of ePHI data to guarantee privacy and prevent disclosure from intrusion.
- We support TLS protected SMTP email with optional REQUIRE TLS extension in accordance with the IETF RFC 3207.
- FTPS and SFTP with TLS for safe and secure transport of documents to and from your existing servers.
- Comprehensive HTTPS API allows for easy and flexible integration of systems.
Our Facilities – Providing assurance of data access is more than just a network connection. It is a fully redundant approach to facilities, internet connectivity, firewalling and physical protection.
- Our highly secure Tier III data centers maintain SSAE16 SOC 2 Certifications to provide physical control of your ePHI data.
- Fingerprint scanning and video surveillance.
- Redundant and fault tolerant power and HVAC systems ensuring system performance and availability.
- Redundant internet connections and carrier class firewalling and security.
- Comprehensive compliance support that includes FISMA High / NIST 800-53, HIPAA, PCI-DSS Level 1, SOC 2 Type II, and SOC 3.
Our Process – Policies and procedures are paramount to maintaining a secure environment.
- We implement strong administrative and operational controls to protect customer data within our production system systems. Obeying the Principle of Least Privilege.
- Extensive security and incident response training to prevent security breaches.
- Comprehensive auditing and verification to continually monitor and improve security posture.
Our Personnel – We start with a knowledgeable and reliable staff and provide ongoing training and resources to ensure your data privacy.
- Routine training regarding access and disclosure of ePHI.
- Policy and Procedure training is at the heart of what we do.
- Annual Security Risk Assessment (SAR) audit.
Our Commitment – WestFax is dedicated to supporting the compliance needs of our customers.
- We will provide an industry standard BAA agreement or will enter into a custom BAA agreement tailored to your needs.
- Our BAA agreement satisfies the Health and Human Services (HSS) standards for Health Information Privacy (HIP). https://www.hhs.gov .